Sunday, March 16, 2008

Can you hear me S.O.S.?
I was literally on an island this weekend with zero cell phone reception or media, assisting with this writers' retreat, and someone says something to me Saturday about there having been a tornado in Atlanta.
"A tornado." I say this really more than ask it, sure this person's either got her storm-system-type or her town wrong.
"Right through the downtown!"
Well, mmmaybe, I think. A bad storm. But certainly not an actual honest to goodness, Beware Dorothy, hide-in-the-bathtub tornado.
I come back to Beachtown today, to become the last person in the nation to find out that actually yes one did: Friday night, hitting not only downtown, but also my favorite, dearest neighborhood, sweet Cabbagetown, where a number of friends live (all fine, thank god). I'm glad you guys are okay. Jeez. Still kind of in shock, though. I came home a half hour ago and I'll I've been doing is staring at internet footage.

Anyone know: What's the deal with Oakland Cemetery, though? I actually visited there just last week to write about the place for part of The Book, and now, apparently there are trees down all over the beautiful old place. Any other damage? Atlanta peeps?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Erin Seabolt Bond said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:47 PM  
Blogger Erin Seabolt Bond said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home