Monday, February 11, 2008

Title TK

Okay, so I’m in school to write a book, so

I. Am writing. A book.

Phew! Glad that’s outta the way, Henshaw. Good golly day, as VC Andrews’ Flowers in the Attic protag’, the starving, incestuous sister, woulda put it.

My book’s about memorializing the dead in the South, and it’s going to be really good. I know this, but I have to convince various organizations of this, too, so they can realize that what they want to do is give me money so's I can travel and do research.
And I stopped, literally, in the middle of a line, with
“My book,”
Uhh. My book, what? Fred? Not Harry and the Lady Next Door; that’s been taken as I understand, and that’s a real shame.
So I started a list just to get m’self a working title, even. I emailed friends, asking for suggestions. Enter entropy, devolution, and of course, hijinks.

Here’s a short list, (the last two courtesy of Marshall):

  • Confederate Corpse
  • Oldest Living Confederate Corpse Tells All
  • Southern Deathtrap! Southern Suicide Rap!
  • Pig Pickin’ n’ Reef Ballin’
  • Dixie Dying
  • Kickin’ it in the Gloryland
  • How do, Death?
  • Papaw Looks Funny with Makeup On.
  • Your Tuna Casserole Won't Bring My Husband Back.

    Even better is a title with a colon, of course, rendering that neat Before/After feel. So cut and paste the above as you like and let me know what you come up with. Perhaps Confederate Corpse: Kickin’ it in the Gloryland. Actually, that’s not bad. Actually, it’s terrible. Actually, I can’t tell anymore.

    Okay; I really have to get back to work, now. There is so much work to do. There’s a freaking Iron Man to go before I sleep.

    Labels:

  • 2 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Before the colon:
    -Dying in Dixie
    -Headed for Glory
    -Six Feet Under the Mason-Dixon
    -some folksy thing someone says
    -some intriguing gospel lyric

    After the colon:
    -New Rituals in the New South
    -The Southern Way of Death
    -Death Rituals in Dixie

    ... I'm not helping, am I?

    11:15 PM  
    Blogger Alice said...

    Actually, these aren't bad at all, and I do have a serious list of possibilities along with these goofy ones. Good lord, did I even need to say that?
    Thanks, Megan.

    8:17 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home