Sunday, August 17, 2008

Report from House Arrest, (Chained to Computer.)
(Warning: This post contains Snake Island-y content:)

These days, I eat breakfast, consume coffee, writewritewrite, make lunch to Wolf Parade (“Fine Young Cannibals” and “An Animal in Your Care” are the official Themesongs of Lunch in August), then write some more, usually severely reduced-quality content.

I also make lists. Like this.


Nominated for Retirement.
I’ve decided I'd like to nominate the following songs for retirement. They’re not bad songs. I’ve just had my allotment for this lifetime.

“California Dreamin’”
“Satisfaction”
Anything by John Cougar Mellancamp
“I Feel Good”
“Brown-Eyed Girl” and “Moondance”
“What I Like About You”

Maybe you don’t agree. Maybe you can’t imagine a life devoid, from here on out, of any chance of “Jack and Diane.” I don’t want to be a dictator about this. If we could just work something out where I don’t ever have to hear these songs again, that’d be good enough.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home