Tuesday, July 29, 2008

This food was supposed to be a party.
Tostitos brand chunky salsa makes me sad. And I’ll avoid coy condescension by making no bones here about what I mean by “sad.” To be clear, I mean: its lame, predictable chunky yet canned and bland tomato-y-ness of flavor makes me feel wistful for what could have been, there, atop my tortilla chip. Especially considering this brand's ubiquity at parties and in the refrigerator doors of friends from whom we are mooching snacks. As a whole, can’t we do better, America?

Thank you.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

Hiya! I found your blog by doing a search for that Silver Jews quote. I wanted to use it for a headline on my blog, but then at the last minute I worried that maybe I'd gotten the words wrong. (It doesn't matter that they're pretty clear or that I've heard the song a billion times...the fear of looking like an ass in front of tens of blog readers is strong.)
I never thought I'd be so strongly in agreement over a statement about Tostitos, but you're so right. Would it be sooo hard to make it taste a little better? I wouldn't think so. Sigh. "It's not just good, it's good enough."
You have a neat blog. Take care!

3:21 PM  
Blogger Alice said...

Thanks, Sarah! Mighty kind of you.

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home