Thursday, December 16, 2004

Your favorite song.
When you listen to your favorite song, do you have the urge to–

A- Sing and/or dance with broom/toothbrush/whatever other household accessory happens to be in your hot little hand at the time?

B- Dissect the music, including the various musicians the artist made use of on this album -- and comparing the record’s merits to artist’s past records -- talking loudly, maybe even turning volume down so your important voice can be heard over said-music – and then not letting the subject go, no matter how often your companions try to change the subject to something else? Something like "Gee. I like those spicy almonds." Or "Gee. I think Katie Couric’s whole look has gotten a little out of control." Or "Gee. I really must go as my head is about to explode."

Sometimes I myself have inclinations toward the latter, but I’m actually waay more at home in the former. It’s Why. I like. Music. It makes me shake my butt or it causes my insides to turn to marmalade – including my brains, so I am unable to argue with you about whether or not this musician was in his prime for thirty-seconds back in 1986. Sorry.

Labels: